The Radiography Program of Northwestern College is committed to excellence in radiologic technology education and its administration. Consistent with the mission of Northwestern College to "provide a vital human resource for today's ever-changing society," the purpose of the program is to graduate competent and caring entry-level radiographers to meet the health care needs of our community.
- Be clinically competent entry level radiographers.
- Communicate effectively.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence professional responsibility, development, and lifelong learning.
- Apply positioning skills, practice radiation safety, and evaluate radiographic images as clinically competent entry level radiographers.
- Communicate effectively in speaking and writing.
- Select radiographic technical factors and perform non-routine radiographic procedures using critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and prepare for initial employment and career advancement evidencing the importance of professional growth and development.